The Transformation Alliance is seeking a Program Coordinator to support our work as part of Cleveland’s Plan for Transforming Schools.
The ideal team member will be a self-starter with two to three years of experience in an administrative and/or project coordination role, strong organizational skills, familiarity with the education sector, and a passion for improving the quality of education in Cleveland. The Cleveland Transformation Alliance has a culture of passion for education, continuous learning, teamwork, transparency, and thoughtfulness.
The responsibilities of this role are split between staff and program support, and the coordination of special projects.
Staff and program support (approximately 50% of time)
- Assist with board staffing, including scheduling of and preparation for board and board committee meetings, and taking meeting minutes and notes;
- Support the administrative needs of our Ambassador program;
- Regularly update content and data on the website;
- Implement the organization’s social media strategy;
- Gather and compile grant reporting information;
- Help operations and invoicing for printers, designers, and other contractors and consultants;
- Copy edit reports and communications.
Special project coordination (approximately 50% of time)
- Assist with the drafting and production of our annual Cleveland Plan Progress Report and School Quality Guide, including meeting support and the gathering, compilation, preliminary analysis and entry of data;
- Support the implementation and organization of one-time and ongoing projects with community partners;
- Support the planning and organization of school fairs and informational events;
- Support the implementation of our outreach and engagement strategies.
- Two to three years of administrative and project coordination experience preferred;
- Minimum of one year successful experience in administrative office support;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced, team environment, working both independently and collaboratively within a small team;
- Willingness to learn:
- contractor management;
- data gathering and analysis;
- grant writing and reporting;
- simple website updating procedures; and
- protocols for board staffing and communication.
- Knowledge of social media management and core marketing functions desired but not required.
The Cleveland Transformation Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free/smoke-free work place. A criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen may be required prior to beginning employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000 plus health and retirement benefits
Applications are being accepted at http://bit.ly/2kiYskj before 5:00 p.m. on February 24, 2017.